Thursday, August 21, 2008

In the beginning

Welcome to my blog. As this is the first entry, introductions are probably in order. The idea of this blog is to cover a couple of key areas in my life, those being Software Development / Engineering, Games Development, Philosophy, Poetry and of course Martial Arts (please forgive any random seeming capitalisation of words in my postings. I tend to capitalise words that I feel are important). I will be your host for the duration of this post (and hopefully, the lifespan of this blog).

I suppose I should give a bit of background on myself before we go into any of the more in depth topics that I intend to cover, but before I do so, please understand that I will typically be posting while at work so my post frequency and content will typically be highly variable. There are many aspects to my personality and I list them in no particular order (apart from what comes to mind first). I am a software developer, with experience in C / C++, C#, Delphi and a little bit of PHP on the side for good measure. I don’t claim expertise in all of the above, as for instance the PHP work has mostly been done in passing / experimentation. My career in software development was a side effect of one of my other loves, that being the design, creation and of course playing of computer / video games. Recently I have been working with XNA and will be posting some of my experiences with it, as well as any projects that make it to a form that I am happy releasing (having a full time job does of course leave me with less time to do the game development side of things, but where possible I try fit in a few hours a week).

My other loves, as mentioned previously are of course Philosophy, Poetry and Martial Arts. Currently, I am a practitioner of Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu, but was originally trained in Chang Quan and Hong Quan (I apologise in advance for any changes between Cantonese and Mandarin spelling / Romanisation. It is often difficult to keep to Mandarin when referring to Southern Style kung fu, and Romanisation has always been a bit tricky even with the pinyin system). I will be jotting down ideas and my personal philosophies particularly with reference to the concept of the Warrior (the spiritual martial artist, a martial artist that displays wu shen – Martial Spirit).

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I am new to the whole blogging scene and will be interested to see what you think of my ideas, writing style, etc.

- Nameless.

No comments: